Instructors can add a Submit Assignment button to any assignment. This will change how a student needs to interact with the assignment
When students are required to click a Submit Assignment button:
- While an assignment is open for submission:
- When students enter text or uploaded files and click Save, their submissions have a status of Draft.
- Draft items can be edited or replaced until the assignment reaches the Cut-off date (if one is set).
- All items in Draft when the Due date is reached (if one is set) will be marked as overdue.
- All items in Draft when the Cut-off date is reached will still show as Draft, but will be available for grading.
- After clicking Save, students must click the Submit Assignment button before the assignment Due date or their assignment will be marked late.
- Students will be shown a dialog box that asks them to verify that they want to submit the assignment for grading at that time.
- Once the assignment is submitted, students will not be able to make any more changes.
Note: Instructors can change a student’s assignment back to Draft if needed. See Revert a Submission to Draft.
Enabling the Submit Assignment button
- Go to the course homepage and click Turn editing on.
- Find the activity you want to modify.
- Click the Edit menu to the right of the activity.
- Choose Edit Settings.
- Scroll down and click Submissions settings to see the options.
- Change Require students click submit button to Yes.
- Scroll up to Availability.
- Make sure the Due date and Cut-off date are set appropriately. Both these options can be left disabled, if desired.
- Scroll down and click Save and return to course.